Just as I have mentioned before, I love FLAVORTOWN! 😉
Anything with green chili’s is delicious to me! They can be mild or spicy, we typically go for the mild versions in our house.
I love to make a flavorful chicken recipe, so that I can use it in many dishes. Chicken enchiladas are delicious with this Green chili chicken go to, as well as burritos, tacos, tostados or thrown on a salad! I’ve even used this for a grilled cheese sandwich once!
He basic recipe really can be used so many different ways, here is how you get started:
- 3-4 pounds of thawed chicken breast (or use what you have!)
- 1- 4 ounce can of Hatch green chilies
- 1-28 ounce can of Mild Green enchilada sauce
- Spray crockpot with Pam cooking spray.
- Place thawed chicken in crockpot, add the enchilada sauce and cook for 4-6 hours in slow until cooked throughly.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and let cool, shred with a fork or bare fingers.
- Drain diced chili’s and add to the shredded chicken. If you want to keep the chicken moist, you can also add a spoon of the sauce it cooked in.
- Cool completely before freezing for future quick meals or serve immediately on a salad, burrito, enchilada or try a unique grilled cheese!
Calories: Approximately 185 calories per 1/2 cup serving. (Depends upon enchilada sauce)