I love FLAVORTOWN! 😉
I’m a huge fan of food that has spices and loads of flavor, but sometimes I’m in a hurry and want to keep things simple.
My go to shredded beef recipe is pretty simple and can be used with several cuts of beef.
- 3-4 pounds of roast beef or steaks (I buy what’s on sale!), Thawed
- 1-28 OZ can of Red Enchilada sauce
- 2 TB Garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1 14.5 OZ can Red Fire Roasted tomatoes
- Spray crockpot with Pam cooking spray or line with a crockpot liner (Keep clean up simple!)
- Place meat crockpot, cut a few slots into the meat or poke with a fork.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. Cover with remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Place lid on crockpot, turn it on and cook on low for 4 hours, until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from crockpot, let cool 20 -30 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of liquid from the crockpot.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks.
- Add liquid to meat so it stays moist.
- Let it completely cool before freezing or use immediately in your favorite Mexican inspired meals! We love shredded beef tacos and enchiladas!
Cooks down to approximately 24 ounces of meat.
Calories: Approximately 93 calories per 1 ounce of meat (depending upon brand of enchilada sauce)