I love to keep cooking VERY simple on busy days and I also love to avoid heating my house up in this 102° weather.I tried a new recipe and my husband loved it! It was so simple!
I threw the ingredients I use in my Chicken Enchilada Bake into the slow cooker, cooked it for 4 hours on low and VIOLA delicious enchiladas.
- 30 Corn Tortillas, cut 14 of them in half
- 2 Cups of shredded chicken
- 38 OZ La Victoria Green Enchilada Sauce. (1 Large and 1 Small can.)
- 4.5 Cups of Shredded cheese
- Green Onions, sliced to Garnish
- Spray your slow cooker with pam spray.
- Using 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place 4 whole tortillas down as well as 4 halves, as the first layer. Layered so there are no holes/gaps. Layer 1/2 cup of chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas. Repeat 3 more layers.
- Final layer is the tortillas, remaining cheese and sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker, cook on low for 4 hours. Garnish with green onions.
This made 10 – 1 cup servings. It was delicious, cheesy and full of flavor! Such a simple, no fuss dinner!
Calories: 470 Calories, per 1 cup serving. Approximately 10 servings.