I LOVE all cookies. I would rather eat cookies than cake on my birthday or as any option for dessert. If you bring cookies into my house, they will not have a chance of surviving around me.
Now that you know I am the female adult version of cookie monster, let me share the recipe that I created, these Chocolate Chip Cocoa Cookies were created on a whim because I was going to make cookies anyway and adding protein to them is just a step to making the yummy treat better for us.
It combines your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with some cocoa powder and protein powder. This recipe can be adapted to your dietary needs to be made dairy free, gluten free and you can swap out vanilla protein powder for chocolate, peanut butter or whatever you may have. Don’t stress, just keep it simple!
- 2 Eggs
- 2.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixer, on low.
- In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients: flour, protein powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Using 1/2 cup measuring cup, add the dry to the wet ingredients, still using a low speed on your mixer.
- Once all ingredients are combined, turn mixer off and stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, place cookie dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet (makes clean up simple!) or on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. I found 9 minutes in the oven and 1 minute resting on the cookie sheet made these cookies come out PERFECT! I then transferred them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 149 calories per a cookie, approximately 32 cookies.