I love saving time and keeping my life simple! I also love a home cooked meal, but sometimes that’s just not as simple to throw that all together.
In the past I’ve talked about how I’m trying to get better at meal planning, freezer prepping and using everything we buy.
Easier said than done.
This beef stew meal was frozen the day I bought all the ingredients, I threw them in a freezer bag and hoped for the best.
Good thing it It tastes delicious, was easy to throw in the crockpot and go about my day and I didn’t waste any ingredients I bought that week!
- 2 pounds beef, cubed
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1.5 lb bag of petite potatoes (left whole)
- 1/2 a white onion cut up
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 stalks of celery cut in 1 inch pieces
I layered this in the bag, in order as listed above and threw it in the freezer!
You will also need:
- 3 cups of water OR beef broth
- 1 Beef stew seasoning packet or create your own flavors if you’re feeling adventurous!
- Set frozen bag in fridge, to thaw overnight.
- Open bag and dump into your crockpot.
- Add seasoning packet to 3 cups of water (or broth), stir and then pour over meat & veggies.
- Set crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serves 5, pairs great with a biscuit!
Calories: Approximately 297 calories per 1 cup serving