I have been making dairy free desserts for over 5 years now. Mainly because I cannot handle alot of dairy and since both our little girls have had milk protein allergies it was a must.
You can substitute my dairy free options for dairy options of course! Keep it simple!
I originally found this recipe on Food Network’s website but tweaked the flavors to my liking. For some reason I prefer the dark brown sugar versus light brown sugar when I’ve made both versions and I always add a bit more spices, I also made mine dairy free for our family.
- 1 cup of vegan butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 3 cups of all purpose flour (whole wheat flour works well too)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups non dairy chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips are my go to)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter, sugars and eggs with hand mixer or stand alone mixer.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin. Combine thoroughly.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and spice together.
- Add 1/2 cup of sifted ingredients to wet ingredients and combine until smooth. Turn off mixer .
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon cookie batter into 1 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, cool on wire rack.